Sustainability Lead/Director – join us to save the world from plastic waste (EXPIRED)
Do you want an opportunity to lead positive change and make a big impact on the world? We are looking for a Sustainability Lead/Director to help us to set the new industry standards and defining the future of packaging.
Sulapac® is an award-winning, patented, drop-in solution material that can be mass produced with the existing plastic machinery. It is ideal for various applications from fast-moving consumer goods to luxury packaging. Sulapac is designed to reduce plastic pollution. It biodegrades without leaving permanent microplastics behind. As our new Sustainability Lead/Director, you will be one of the key people contributing to the success of our business and our mission to save the world from plastic waste.
You are a great fit if you have genuine passion and drive for sustainability and enjoy teamwork. This role requires unique combination of commercial thinking, relationship-building ability, sustainability knowledge, subject matter expertise, and organizational skills.
- Sustainability and circular economy lead in both strategic thinking and operations
- Representing Sulapac and building collaboration in different stakeholder platforms
- Sustainability metrics development
- Internal and customer support in sustainability issues and related marketing claims
- Following, analyzing, and impacting the global sustainability trends
- Analyzing the implications of the changes in regulatory framework and lobbying
Key experience and skills required
- Experience in leading networks and co-operative platforms
- Excellent presentation and networking skills
- Eagerness to constantly research and learn more
- Excellent project management skills. Natural team player with the ability to assign tasks and work collaboratively to achieve results
- Keen to support customers in their sustainability approach
- Analytical, independent decision maker and thought leader with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Master’s/Doctoral Degree in Materials Science, Chemistry or Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in roles related to sustainability
Why join Sulapac?
At Sulapac you will be part of a great team determined to change the world.
You have a network of cross-functional professionals passionate about sustainability that will support your success. Our results driven culture and pioneer spirit means that you will never be bored, and you get to focus on things that really matter. Our values are sustainability, creativity, and integrity, which are demonstrated for example in our product claims that are based on scientific evidence and transparent validation process. You are encouraged to think big, and you have the freedom to develop things and bring your ideas to life. You always know your work has a bigger purpose – to accelerate the plastic-waste free future.
How to apply and contacts
Send your application and CV in English by latest on the 27th of July, 2021 to email@example.com.
If you would like to discuss this position, Sulapac’s Chief Operating Officer, Loredana Moimas, is available for a chat via WhatsApp (+1 315 527 8162) or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Sulapac was founded in 2016 by Dr. Suvi Haimi, Dr. Laura Tirkkonen-Rajasalo and Dr. Antti Pärssinen with the mission to save the world from plastic waste. Our innovative, patent materials mimic the beauty, functionality, and circularity of nature. Our aim is to become the new standard for sustainable materials replacing conventional plastics. Sulapac has won several international awards. It has been selected twice among Europe’s 100 hottest start-ups by Wired UK magazine. Today, companies in various industries around the world benefit from our sustainable material solutions, exceptional technical support, and marketing knowhow. Our partners and investors include global players such as Chanel, Stora Enso and Sky Ocean Ventures. Sulapac is based in Helsinki, Finland and employs around 30 people.
Learn more about our mission and innovation at sulapac.com/about